A few weeks ago, Desiring God offered a list of 10 ways to help kids love missions. [These ideas might work for adults, too.]
Here is the list, without the additional notes of explanation:
1. Pray for missionaries as a family.
2. Read missionary biographies to your children.
3. Draw the whole family into supporting missionaries financially.
4. Find your child a missionary kid pen pal.
5. Entertain missionaries in your home.
6. Take risks as a family.
7. Affirm and nurture qualities in your children which could serve them on the mission field.
8. Teach your children to be world Christians.
9. Read missionary prayer letters to your children.
10. Use missions fact books and resources such as Operation World, the Global Prayer Digest, the Joshua Project, and Voice of the Martyrs (VOM). Kids of Courage is the youth-oriented arm of VOM and offers activity books, spotlights on the persecuted world, and more.