Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Preparation for Sunday

Preparation for corporate worship is a key component to worshipping in a God-glorifying manner. To that end, I like to say, "Sunday worship begins on Saturday." That is, the things I do on Saturday will produce either the fruit of worship or the lack of it on Sunday.

So on Saturday (and actually throughout the week), I work to read the Bible and other works that will prepare my heart for genuine corporate worship. One way I've been doing that for years is by reading Chip Stam's "Worship Quote of the Week
" (you can even receive these each week by email). These brief writings (one or two paragraphs, generally) rarely fail to stimulate my heart to consider the greatness and grandeur of God, and how I might worship Him with greater joy.


No comments: